The Guesthouse and Pumphouse Honeymoon Cottage
We are pleased to offer our unique accommodation, whether you are coming for a wedding, a weekend, a longer stay holiday or just a complete chill out in the week South Hill has much to offer.
South Hill Guesthouse is a six bedroom (4 standard rooms and 2 suites - a loft and cellar), en suite luxury villa with full guest amenities. A designers dream with its understated elegance and sheer luxury in all it has to offer.
The main area of the Villa is open planned with the kitchen/ dining and lounge area tastefully presented overlooking the garden and surrounding vineyards. A large open fire brings warmth during those chilly winter months. Each en suite room is individually decorated with doors opening out on to a private patio.
Upstairs is a large loft area where guests can watch all DSTV channels, use the library or play cards. This room can also be converted into a sleepover area for young kids as it has its own en suite. (sleeps 5 in total)
Both The Guesthouse and Pumphouse Honeymoon Cottage are iPod and mp3 friendly.
Other facilities include a 15m pool, a boulé court and a croquet set for the lawn. There are alfresco dining options in the garden and patio, along with a pizza oven.
Activities on the farm include walks, bird watching, mountain biking, kayaking and quad biking. For the enthusiastic photographer there are endless photographic opportunities from flora and fauna to amazing sunsets. Wine tasting is available at South Hill and a private tasting can be arranged with our winemaker, Sean Skibbe.
If you are a budding chef, then self catering in the state of the art kitchen would be a delight for you. For those that are less enthusiastic in the kitchen or if you prefer just to relax and let someone else do the cooking have a look at our local restaurant offerings in the area.
The Guest House is available with various options including the whole guesthouse to share with your close friends on a self catering basis or rent as an individual room with a Continental breakfast included. Prices start from R800 per room depending on season, call us for a full list of rates.
The Pumphouse, our very special romantic honeymoon cottage, is situated in the seclusion of an indigenous garden and fynbos, on the banks of our middle dam surrounded by Shiraz vineyards. Offering a very special experience, you can relax in your own tub or have an exhilarating spa bath in the private stone walled courtyard. The cottage has an open plan lounge/ kitchen and bedroom and en suite bathroom. Prices start from R1000 per night self catering depending on season. Call us for a quote.
What to do while the relaxing in the Elgin Valley
- Hermanus and whale watching are a comfortable drive from the farm during season
- Elgin Meander - visit Elgin's wine farms, farm stalls, Oude Molen Distillery, Apple Museum or simply watch the locals at a high street pub in Grabouw
- The Walker Bay Wine Route in Hemel en Aarde is a real treat
- The Arabella Estate offers you golf on a world class course with a spa to match
- Mountain biking on organized trails is on your doorstep - bring your own bikes
- For those fond of hiking the possibilities are endless around the Farm
- Kleinmond, Pringle Bay, Rooi Els and other coastal towns are close by
- Paul Cluver offers open air concerts in their amphitheatre during the summer months
- Four wheeler nature trails available in the area
- Flower lovers - visit the Harold Porter Botanical Gardens at Betty's Bay
- Elgin Open Gardens in November
- Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve - 100 000 hectare UNESCO registered site
Please note that this is only a booking enquiry, you will be contacted to confirm your booking.